- ISIS Chemical Weapons: Ongoing exclusive coverage and its implications for the region
- Iraq and Syria: Frontline reporting, including exclusive on-ground interviews
- Media and Consultancy: For government, news media, and academic research, including testimony about ISIS before the British House of Commons and elsewhere
- Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal: Covering the latest developments in the region from a wide variety of viewpoints, including U.S. policy, radical movements and minorities, MERIA is the most widely read journal of its type in the world, with a circulation of over 25,000. MERIA is available free of charge.
- Nazis, Islamists and the Making of the Modern Middle East: One of Prof. Barry Rubin's final books, co-authored by Visiting Fellow Prof. Dr. Wolfgang G. Schwanitz and published by Yale University Press in 2014, this acclaimed book focuses on the political alliance forged among Third Reich leaders, Arab nationalists, and Muslim religious authorities during the 1930s and 1940s.
- Silent Revolution: How the Left Rose to Political Power and Cultural Dominance: Published in April 2014 by Harper Collins and among Barry Rubin's last books, the book is an exposé of the radicalism masquerading as liberalism today and its unchecked rise to cultural and political power in the United States.
- The Military History of the Modern Middle East: Forthcoming in January 2015 (Routledge), this collection, edited by Barry Rubin, covers the military history of the past hundred years, including such topics as both world wars, the Turkish-Greek conflicts, Arab nationalism, the Arab-Israeli conflicts, and the post-2003 fighting in Iraq.
- Israel: An Introduction in Chinese: Barry Rubin's (ed.) book, originally published by Yale University Press in 2012, will soon be available in Chinese, thanks to SIGNAL and the China University of Petroleum (CUP). This is the first book to provide a comprehensive picture of modern Israel and will be used in Israel Studies programs across China.
- Free Books: 13 full-text books by Barry Rubin on the Israel-Palestinian conflict, Syria, U.S. policy, Jewish assimilation, and more
- Turkish Studies: In a crucial geographical and political location, Turkey’s importance is growing rapidly throughout Europe, the Middle East, and the Caucasus. With an upsurge in interest in its history, politics, and foreign policy, Turkish Studies quarterly offers scholarly discussion on these topics and more.
Thursday, October 30, 2014
The Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center needs your help to continue its ground-breaking Middle East reporting.
Last week, MERIA Journal's exclusive Special Report Did ISIS Use Chemical Weapons Against the Kurds in Kobani?, by new GLORIA Center Director Jonathan Spyer, caught the world’s attention with its shocking unprecedented photos of Kurds killed by apparent Islamic State (ISIS) use of chemical weapons in northern Syria. The story has been reprinted and/or cited in major media outlets, including:
· U.S.: New York Times, Huffington Post, New York Post, FOX News, Buzzfeed, Middle East Forum
· Europe: Bild-Zeitung, Russia Today
· Israel: Jerusalem Post, Times of Israel, Channels 9 and 10.
In the same week, GLORIA's Rubin Research Fellow Aymenn Jawad al-Tamimi testified before the British House of Commons on the threat represented by the Islamic State, drawing on his own unique information sources and field data collection.
At a time of unprecedented crisis within the Middle East and far beyond, the world needs this information now more than ever.
Founded by the late Professor Barry Rubin in 2000, the GLORIA Center produces up-to-date, insightful analysis and reporting on modern Middle East affairs, using primary sources and exclusive on-the-ground contacts throughout the region.
Professor Rubin was a prolific analyst of Middle-East politics. Since his untimely death in February 2014, new Director Dr. Jonathan Spyer has visited Iraq and Syria, witnessing developments first-hand and interviewing participants.
With its dynamic leadership and contributors, GLORIA remains one of the most versatile and active Mid-East research centers in the world.
GLORIA Center Highlight Accomplishments in 2014:
For more information or to pledge support, please contact email@example.com
Posted by Rubin Center at 8:32 PM